October 29 2020 - Haul Out - Flybridge Hatch Removal
October 30 2020 - Haul Out - Flybridge Hatch Removal
I missed the removal of this large door from the boat. by Yacht Services The folks tell me it was probably good I was not there as I may have stressed out about how difficult it was to take it off, move it aft to the boat deck, and then lower it down to the ground (remember the boat is sitting out of the water). It took for folks to do this operation and they used the davit to lower it along with a rope to keep it away from the hull as it was lowered. Really wish I had seen this and must capture it going back on!
The good news is after they got it off, turns out the only real issue is the two slide bearings at the top of the door, The ones on the bottom look to be in good condition! And after looking at them, Yacht Services believes they have already identified a replacement and do not believe this will require any special fabrication work to replace them. This is GREAT news and a relief to have this issue being worked.
In the intern they have fabricated a plywood door to cover the opening left on the boat and are busy cleaning up the hatch and getting the repair parts.
![]() |
| Failed slide bearing at top of door |
Our temporary hatch covering .......





Comments
Post a Comment