March 11, 2022 - EPIRB - Near miss

March 11, 2022 -EPIRB Near miss

In January, I was inspecting the Raven's safety equipment and in the process removed the ACR GlobalFix V4 EPIRB from its cradle.  I was startled when I noticed it started flashing as though it had been activated!  Fortunately when I returned it to the cradle it stopped flashing - whew!

I called the tech support folks at ACR and they advised me to remove the battery from the EPIRB and to send it in for an inspection.  And after inspection, they determined it was faulty and sent me a new, replacement, EPIRB under warranty.

I am pleased to say I just received my new EPIRB and updated my NOAA registration to show the old EPIRB had been destroyed and registered my new EPIRB!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 11, 2023 - Van Isles, BC - On the hard

August 25, 2025 - Everett

August 18, 2025 - Gowland Harbour