April 8, 2022 - New BFF - CORDLESS INFLATOR
April 8, 2022 - New BFF - CORDLESS INFLATOR
I have a very challenging problem - HOW to pressurize the Hynautic hydraulic reservoir for our steering system. The reservoir is located in the most aft area of the lazarette, behind the hydraulic actuators, isolation transformer and Glendenning.
I perform a periodic check to make sure that the reservoir is holding pressure, per specification it should be between 25 - 30 psi. During my recent check, I found it at about 15 psi and while not critical, time to rectify.
The usual tool had been a bicycle pump - and last time I did this, it took a friend (Dennis) to get the pressure up to the appropriate range going through some unusual gyrations and exzertions. It is a very awkward area to reach and use a pump.
In looking for other ideas, I came across a person using a CORDLESS INFLATOR! I did some research and settled on a Makita Cordless Inflator. I am able to reach the air valve/filler plug on the reservoir, clip on the schrader valve fitting, and pressurize the reservoir. What made this really easy is that you can preset the pressure setting on the inflator, its cordless and all I had to do was pull the trigger. A second or two later - I WAS DONE! VoilĂ !
![]() |
| Reservoir - Way back there ..... |
![]() |
| Typical tool used to pressurize the reservoir |
![]() |
| My new BFF - CORDLESS INFLATOR |
![]() |
| Pressurized! |




Comments
Post a Comment